Deecon was off to London for a sleepover for his eye appointment. Because the appointment time is so early Deecon went down the day before and stayed overnight. Mommy is so anxious for this appointment. Deecon has not had his eyes examined in three weeks.. Previous to this Deecon's eyes were examined over a week and before that every three days.. so this was a big day:) I asked that the eye surgeon give me a call especially if there was a major change that was negative :( So needless to say I did not get much sleep that night and anticipated the call from the surgeon. The morning was slipping by and the phone finally rang. It was the eye surgeon so I automatically felt sad because I assumed it was negative. But instead she gave me the best news ever. She examined Deecon's eyes and said that he is doing awesome, that his vessels have flattened out and now are looking completely normal. She said that his retina's do not look like our's do, because the ROP was
so severe it has cause scar tissue, but she said she couldn't tell me what it might effect, instead she said keep an eye out for wandering eye, crossed eyes and lazy eyes. Also c
ontact a doctor immediately if I see Deecon's eyes in pictures being white instead of red eye. She then continued to say that Deecon was now ROP free and that he wouldn't have to see her for an eye exam for another 9 months. She commented that he was such a strong and healthy baby and that she was so shocked about his outcome. She had recalled telling me in December that it was just a matter of time for surgery so don't be surprised. She also said that when he was born they were discussing who would be doing his surgery and now Deecon has shocked everyone ;) She finished with saying "He is the true definition of a fighter".. What a great comment.. I knew my little man could do it.. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of him..
Deecon and Mommy's hand
One pound 10oz... 30.5 cm
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment